Adult Sunday School Lesson Summary INTRODUCTION FOCUS SCRIPTURE:
LIFE NEED FOR TODAY'S LESSON
People seek deliverance when they are in trouble. How should we respond when we are delivered? Psalm 107 encourages us to be thankful to God for God’s deliverance.
Christians understand that God sent the ultimate Deliverer in the person of Christ Jesus.
Christians share how God answers their prayers with other believers.
Believers thank God for his everlasting, unconditional love.
October 17, 2021
Series: CELEBRATING GOD
Unit 2: Called to Praise God
Fall Quarter Lesson 7
PRAISE GOD FOR PAST DELIVERANCE
SONG: "I Am Redeemed"
LESSON TEXT: Psalm 107:1-9, 39-43 (KJV)
DEVOTIONAL READING: Psalm 68:1-6 (NLT)
Psalm 68:1-6 – For the choir director: A song. A psalm of David.
1) - Rise up, O God, and scatter your enemies. Let those who hate God run for their lives.
2) - Blow them away like smoke. Melt them like wax in a fire. Let the wicked perish in the presence of God.
3) - But let the godly rejoice. Let them be glad in God’s presence. Let them be filled with joy.
4) - Sing praises to God and to his name! Sing loud praises to him who rides the clouds. [*] His name is the LORD - rejoice in his presence!
5) - Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy.
6) - God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy. But he makes the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
By the end of this lesson, we will EXPLORE the importance of having a relationship with God, the Deliverer, PLACE value on the role of giving thanks to God, and PRAY for those who need God’s deliverance.
Psalm 107:1-9, 39-43 (KJV)
Give Thanks for Deliverance
Psalm 107:1-3 SUMMONS TO PRAISE
1) - O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2) - Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;
Psalm 107:3-4 TIME OF DISPAIR
3) - And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.
4) - They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.
Psalm 107:5-7 TIME OF DELIVERANCE
5) - Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
6) - Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.
7) - And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.
Psalm 107:8-9 TIME OF PRAISE
8) - Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
9) - For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
Psalm 107:39-40 HUMBLING THE MIGHTY
39) - Again, they are minished and brought low through oppression, affliction, and sorrow.
40) - He poureth contempt upon princes, and causeth them to wander in the wilderness, where there is no way.
Psalm 107:41-42 HONORING THE MEEK
41) - Yet setteth he the poor on high from affliction, and maketh him families like a flock.
42) - The righteous shall see it, and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth.
Psalm 107:43 HEARTENING THE WISE
43) - Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the loving-kindness of the LORD.
Adult Sunday School Lesson Summary
|Mon 10/11||Delivered from Hunger and Thirst||(Psalm 107:1–9)|
|Tue 10/12||Delivered from Darkness and Gloom||(Psalm 107:10–22)|
|Wed 10/13||Delivered from Storms||(Psalm 107:23–32)|
|Thu 10/14||Delivered through Jesus Christ||(Ephesians 1:3–14)|
|Fri 10/15||Delivered from Sin||(Ephesians 2:1–10)|
|Sat 10/16||Delivered and Reconciled||(Ephesians 2:11–22)|
|Sun 10/17||Delivered by God’s Steadfast Love||(Psalm 107:33–43)|
Key Verse:– Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses. – Psalm 107:6 (KJV).
ANTICIPATING THE NEXT LESSON
Next week's lesson is "THE JOY OF WORSHIP” There are times when the pressures of life are a heavy burden to carry. Where can people go to find the pressures of life lifted and then enjoy a period of celebration? The psalmist recounts a uniquely joyful experience when worshiping in the temple. Study Psalm 84
Copyright@2020 Bonnie Bass| Credits | Powered by DownEast Technical Solutions